A page for me to rant on I suppose. I'll touch upon all subjects under the sun. Stay tuned for boredom.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Respite, One for the Road.

It finally happened. 10 years, 4 dealerships later. I give up.

I am SICK of being treated like nothing more than an animal or an underling. The way most techs are treated at dealerships is fucking SICKENING. Its not even about fixing cars anymore, its all about numbers and kissing ass.

The other day, our arrogant coward of a GM decided he would get in my face (well....given my height and his diminutive stature, my chest lol) to accost me for speaking too loud in an angry tone to my boss.

Now while he had every right to do as such, since customers could hear me, he had to right to be right in my face, nor to try and stare me down as if I am some sort of bitch.

That, plus my boss writing me up for stupid reasons (texting in the shop, not writing up headgaskets ON ONE CAR) just pushed me over the edge. The whole reason for me being in my boss' office? I called in on the last day of the month. Now anyone who works in a commercial business KNOWS the importance of the end of the month: its the last day to get....you guessed it, NUMBERS!

Why did I call out? Oh no reason, just that I COULDN'T GET OUT OF FUCKING BED BECAUSE OF A SPINAL INJURY.

So what does he say? And I quote: "You know Joe, in the 21 years I've had two hemorraged discs in my back, I never called in once. You have no excuse.".

Yep. This is the same motherfucker who relates EVERYTHING to his "20 years of experience" wrenching.

He then proceeded to ask me when I was going to get better, like I was going to clap my hands right then and go POOF MOTHAFUCKAH! IM BACK BITCH!

Oh but that wasn't enough, I agreed that I needed to stop texting in the shop, and that I needed to get my back looked at again, he proceeds to tell me I'm nothing more than a glorified lube tech.

That was it. No more. I have dealt with excrutiating pain for months now, I havent missed a day of work in THREE MONTHS, which is well before I really hurt myself, and even though I'm doing A+ tech level work, he calls me that? Nope, no thanks, NO SALE ASSHOLE.

So I am done. With that place, with this industry. I will sooner go work 1000000 hours in a convenience store, then be miserable and have my hobby ruined any further.

I have no job lined up but I truly and honestly do not care. I am done being walked all over for 14.50 an hour. I am bigger, stronger, and a fuckofalot meaner when I need to be than that coward of a GM and the fuckface of a manager I have, and will not force myself to have to fight the urge to jump over their desk and break their shit spewing jaw.

Its not just me either. They treat everyone except for the golden boy in sales and Arty (the shop foreman who is actually really awesome) like shit. Beth can back me up on that.

I was once a boy who followed his passion, nievely thinking it was an honest industry and was eager to make his way to the top of it. Now I am a man who has been jaded and dragged through the mud by something he once held in such high regard.

No longer. I will go back to having it be a hobby. At least that way its somewhat pure.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Just a pillar of mediocrity trying to sift through my thoughts for some sort of meaning.